[netCDF #EIY-908195]: Install NetCDF v2 API

Hello Jack,

Can you provide some information about the underlying netCDF-C library, and how
it was compiled?  If libnetcdf has v2 support enabled (which it does by
default) it is expected that netCDF-Fortran should be able to detect that and
enable v2 support without issue.  What version of the C and Fortran libraries
are you working with?

Thanks, I'm sure we should be able to get this sorted out!

-Ward

> Greetings,
>
> I'm ultimately trying to install the Madis library on Ubuntu Linux, seeing
> linking errors like below. After reading that these modules are included in
> the netcdf fortran v2 api, I've been trying to compile netcdf-fortran with
> the v2 API, but have been unsuccessful. I've attempted compiling with
> gfortran and fort77. Any advice would be appreciated.
>
> undefined reference to `ncvid_'
> undefined reference to `ncvinq_'
> undefined reference to `ncdinq_'
> undefined reference to `ncvgt_'
> undefined reference to `ncagt_'
>
> Best Regards,
>
> *Jack Finch*
> Software Engineer
> PEMDAS® Technologies and Innovations
> (860) 301-0274 <%28860%29301-0274>
> address@hidden
>
> --
>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message and all attachments transmitted
> with it may contain legally privileged and confidential information
> intended solely for the use of the addressee. If the reader of this message
> is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading,
> dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its
> attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in
> error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message from
> your system. Thank you.

Ticket ID: EIY-908195
Department: Support netCDF