[netCDF #PXG-145113]: wgrib2 install errors

Hi Eric,

I'm afraid I don't have any hands on experience with wgrib2, but my
understanding is that they package a (very) old version of netcdf with their
software; netcdf 3.6.3 I believe?  Assuming you are using this pre-packaged
version, this might be the result of normal code decay; for example, I struggle
to find a modern environment where I can get netcdf 3.6.3 to work correctly,
and I cannot even compile some later versions on my main development machine
anymore due to compiler changes.

What platform (Operating system, hardware architecture, 32/64-bit) are you
working in?  Are you using the pre-packaged netcdf which comes with wgrib2? If
not, which version are you working with?

I'm sorry I can't provide a more immediate, positive response, but I will
provide what insight I can based on the answers to the questions above.

-Ward

> I attempted to install wgrib2 on a laptop computer in the cygwin
> environment and something went awry.  When attempting to run
>
> wgrib2/wgrib2 -config
>
> per the instructions, the following is returned
>
> $ wgrib2/wgrib2 -configure
> bash: wgrib2/wgrib2: No such file or directory
>
> Appears that the executable/script didn't get created.
> I'm attaching some of the output from the make execution
> which perhaps will shed some light on the problem.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Eric
>

> I attempted to install wgrib2 on a laptop computer in the cygwin
> environment and something went awry.  When attempting to run
>
> wgrib2/wgrib2 -config
>
> per the instructions, the following is returned
>
> $ wgrib2/wgrib2 -configure
> bash: wgrib2/wgrib2: No such file or directory
>
> Appears that the executable/script didn't get created.
> I'm attaching some of the output from the make execution
> which perhaps will shed some light on the problem.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Eric

Ticket ID: PXG-145113
Department: Support netCDF