[netCDFJava #HRY-102614]: problem in using NetCDF-Java Library to create netcdf file

Greetings Jeff,

The reason your ncml file won't work is because the variables you are creating
are each bigger than 2 gigabytes. If you switch to writing out a netcdf4 file,
then
you will be able to use your ncml file without modification.

To enable netcdf4 writing, you will need the C library installed. See

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/thredds/current/netcdf-java/reference/netcdf4Clibrary.html

for more information.

Cheers,

Sean

> Dear Sir/Madam:
> I am using the function NcMLReader.writeNcMLToFile(InputStream ncml, String
> fileOutName) in NetCDF-Java Library (netcdfAll-4.6.jar)  to create a netcdf
> file with ncml.However,it failed because of the error below:
>
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Variable starting pos=2217611712 may not
> exceed 2147483647
> at ucar.nc2.iosp.netcdf3.N3header.writeHeader(N3header.java:686)
> ~[netcdfAll-4.6.jar:4.6.0]
> at ucar.nc2.iosp.netcdf3.N3header.create(N3header.java:602)
> ~[netcdfAll-4.6.jar:4.6.0]
> at ucar.nc2.iosp.netcdf3.N3iosp.create(N3iosp.java:668)
> ~[netcdfAll-4.6.jar:4.6.0]
> at ucar.nc2.NetcdfFileWriter.create(NetcdfFileWriter.java:797)
> ~[netcdfAll-4.6.jar:4.6.0]
> at ucar.nc2.FileWriter2.write(FileWriter2.java:196) ~[netcdfAll-4.6.jar:4.6.0]
> at ucar.nc2.FileWriter2.write(FileWriter2.java:176) ~[netcdfAll-4.6.jar:4.6.0]
> at ucar.nc2.ncml.NcMLReader.writeNcMLToFile(NcMLReader.java:1652)
> ~[netcdfAll-4.6.jar:4.6.0]
> at ucar.nc2.ncml.NcMLReader.writeNcMLToFile(NcMLReader.java:1634)
> ~[netcdfAll-4.6.jar:4.6.0]
> at com.jeff.cdm.Netcdf3Util.createFileWithNCML(Netcdf3Util.java:100)
> [JeffUtil.jar:?]
> at
> com.xxzx.datadist.processor.impl.CreateNCProcessor.process(CreateNCProcessor.java:53)
>  [DataDistributor.jar:?]
> at com.xxzx.datadist.job.DataDistJob.start(DataDistJob.java:127)
> [DataDistributor.jar:?]
> at com.xxzx.datadist.DataDistributor.runJob(DataDistributor.java:130)
> [DataDistributor.jar:?]
> at com.xxzx.datadist.DataDistributor.main(DataDistributor.java:92)
> [DataDistributor.jar:?]
>
> The ncml file I used is in the attachment "qpf.ncml".
> Could you tell me how to solve the problem?
> Thank you for your attention.
> Best regards
> Jeff

Ticket ID: HRY-102614