[netCDF #NKN-156326]: Regarding Netcdf installation

> Respected Sir,
>
> Thankyou so much for your reply.I have
> successfully installed netcdf.4 version. I want to dump wrf data into
> text format. i gave command like this:
> ncdump wrfout__d02_2008-07-03_12_00_00
> It is reading the file, but it is not dumping any text file. can
> you please suggest me regarding ncdump.

NetCDF files typically end with the extension ".nc".  Check to make
sure the the argument you used is actually the name of a netCDF file.
If it was the name of a different kind of file or a non-existent file,
ncdump at least produces an error message, so you might want to also
check that your command is really invoking the ncdump utility that's
part of the netCDF software.

> I have checked with the version that you have sent to me nedtcdf
> fortran version 4.2. In that version, there is no ncdump utility
> available.

The netCDF-fortran software uses the netCDF-C library, which must be
installed first.  Installing the netCDF-C library also installs the
netCDF utility programs ncdump, ncgen, nccopy, and nc-config.  The
netCDF-C version 4.3.1.1 is the most recent released version of the
netCDF-C software, and is compatible with netCDF-Fortran-4.2.

--Russ

> waiting for your reply,
>
> Regards,
> Satya.
>

> On 3/7/14, Unidata netCDF Support <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Hi Satya,
> >
> >> I am want to install Netcdf software to view and dump the data from
> >> WRF output file to ascii format. So i have installed netcdf-4  from
> >> this website.
> >>
> >> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/netcdf/netcdf-4_0/index.jsp
> >
> > That's an old and unsupported version of netCDF software from 2008.
> > For serious use of netCDF, we recommend that you build and install
> > the latest supported release, netCDF-C version 4.3.1.1 for the C
> > library and netCDF-Fortran version 4.2 for the Fortran library.
> >
> >> i have installed successfully. but now the problem is how to use the
> >> netcdf file? Ihave gone so many documents and but im not getting it
> >> clearly.
> >>
> >> i already have fortran in my computer. Again i have to install any
> >> fortran librairies or supporting files regarding netcdf or no need. If
> >> so, can you please provide me the link.
> >>
> >> can you please provide me the procedure of using netcdf software after
> >> installation.
> >
> > For converting netCDF data to ASCII, check these recommendations:
> >
> >   http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/faq.html#converttotext
> >
> > --Russ
> >
> > Russ Rew                                         UCAR Unidata Program
> > address@hidden                      http://www.unidata.ucar.edu
> >

> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: NKN-156326
> > Department: Support netCDF