[netCDFJava #QAX-163810]: Data Value Discrepancies Between Netcdf 4.2 and 4.3

Kevin,

When you say that the "altitude levels" are flipped, what exactly are you
referring to?  I've opened up the file in ToolsUI version 4.3, and I'm looking
at the coordinate axes.  NetCDF-Java recognizes a GeoZ coordinate with sigma
units, midpoint values 50.0-1.0 in steps of one.  This is consistent with
version 4.4.3 (current development branch) and 4.4.2 (current alpha release).
Also, your initial e-mail refers to 'uComponentOfWind', while I'm seeing
u_component_of_wind_height_above_ground u_component_of_wind_hybrid
u_component_of_wind_tropopause.  Did you mean one of these three, or are these
the "new" names that have been disambiguated?

Unfortunately, I don't have a branch of NetCDF-Java 4.2 to compare...it has
passed out the back end of my git repository when I got a new machine, and I
don't see a tag for it on Github anymore.  If necessary, you could upload your
4.2 jarfiles to the same dropbox link I previously gave you for me to try out.

Of course, the behavior initially manifested when using NetCDF-Java to copy
files, not necessarily view them, so I may not be reproducing the problem
correctly.

-Lansing

Ticket ID: QAX-163810
Department: Support netCDF Java