[netCDF #PRR-729955]: netcdf fortran libraries

Chris,

> Thanks again,
>
> That looks like it's worked. I've installed the newer HDF libraries and
> netcdf-c has been successfully installed. The synaptic package installer was
> installing the older version.
>
> I've tried now installing netcdf-c++ and received a successful installation
> message as before, though when I tried to install another program (Magics++)
> it warned me that  netcdfcpp.h was not found and subsequently the
> installation failed. I looked manually in my installation directory (based in
> /usr/local) and likewise could not find the libraries. The trouble is, I'm
> not sure if this is aa netcdf or a magics++ issue

Did you install the "netCDF legacy C++" library or the different
netcdf-cxx4-4.2 library?
I suspect you installed the latter, but Magics++ depends on the former.

We've recently added to the confusion by moving our source repositories to
GitHub, but
the legacy C++ package seems to have slipped through the cracks when that
happened.
We're looking at fixing that, but for now, here's the netCDF legacy C++ sources
from
which you should build and install the library that Magics++ needs:

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-cxx-4.2.tar.gz

--Russ

> cheers
>
> Chris
>
> Christopher Steele,