[netCDF #PRR-729955]: netcdf fortran libraries

Hi Christopher,

> Thanks again. That's now worked.
>
> Just one final thing. A couple of my programs require netcdf-4 to be enabled.
> I've installed HDF5 libraries and attempted to re-compile nedcdf-c but a
> couple of the tests fail. I've attached the test_suite.log and the
> configure.log files to have a look at. Otherwise, without Netcdf-4 enabled,
> the installation runs smoothly.

I suspect the test failures are due to your using an old version of HDF5
(1.8.4-patch1, Feb 2010),
because we don't see the errors you are seeing when we link against
HDF5-1.8.11.  If it's
convenient, could you build netCDF-4.3.1-rc2 (or later) again, after installing
a more recent
version of the HDF5 libraries?

--Russ

Ticket ID: PRR-729955