[netCDF #AZX-585461]: fortran configure problems

Karen,

> I decided to switch to netcdf-fortran-4.2.  I was able to get it to
> compile as below.  I was being overly cautious on specifying all the
> compilers just to be safe.
>
> ./configure --enable-parallel-tests FCFLAGS=-fsecond-underscore
> CPPFLAGS=-I/pic/people/d39974/exahdf/include
> LDFLAGS=-L/pic/people/d39974/exahdf/lib LIBS="-lnetcdf -lhdf5_hl -lhdf5
> -lz -lm" --disable-shared --prefix=/pic/people/d39974/exahdf CC=mpicc
> FC=mpif90 CXX=mpiCC F77=mpif77
>
> This is essentially what I was trying to do with 4.4-beta.  It seems to
> work except that the FCFLAGS do not get passed on to the compilation of
> test programs so I can't build them without hacking the makefile.  At
> least not when using the gnu compilers.

Thanks for contributing this.  The 4.4 approach using he Fortran-2003 C
interoperability features is supposed to eliminate the need for options like
FCFLAGS=-fsecond-underscore, but I'm not sure if the mpi compilers support
that F2003 feature yet ...

> Could you let me know if you get a revised 4.4 for me to try?

Yes, when there's a new beta release, it will be announced on the netcdfgroup
mailing list, and I'll try to include you also, in case you're not on that list.

--Russ

Ticket ID: AZX-585461
Department: Support netCDF