[netCDF #GLC-479610]: Can't find f90 error during configuration

Hi Jorge,

> I'm trying to build and install netcdf both C and fortran libraries
> compiled with the intel compilers. I was able to install the C netcdf,
> but I'm getting the error shown in the included picture when I run
> configuration on the fortran version of netcdf. The configuration command
> I'm using is shown at the bottom of the picture.

The ifort compiler is trying to link without the argument "-L/usr/local/lib"
needed to specify where the netCDF C library is installed or without having
that directory in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  I think the reason may be that you
are running the configure script using "sudo", which doesn't inherit environment
variable settings when running configure with root permissions as a security
measure.  You only need to use sudo when running "make install", not when
running
configure or make check.

See here for instructions about building netcdf-fortran 4.2:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-fortran-install.html

> Also, the intel compilers are installed succesfully (ifort and icc)
> are given and shown in the environment variables.
>
> Could you provide some guidance as to where this error is coming from?

That may also be a problem from running configure under sudo ...

--Russ

Ticket ID: GLC-479610
Department: Support netCDF