[netCDF #SFP-169619]: netcdf fortran 4.1.3 make error

Hi,

> I am trying to install netcdf-4.1.3 on my mac pro (OS 10.7.4, gfortran, gcc).
>  I got an error (see below) when I was doing 'make'. I attached config.log
> and Makefile. Can you please help me solve the problem.
>
> Thank you very much!
>
> Chih-Ping
>
> /usr/bin/libtool: unknown option character `f' in: -force_load
> Usage: /usr/bin/libtool -static [-] file [...] [-filelist listfile[,dirname]]
> [-arch_only arch] [-sacLT]
> Usage: /usr/bin/libtool -dynamic [-] file [...] [-filelist
> listfile[,dirname]] [-arch_only arch] [-o output] [-install_name name]
> [-compatibility_version #] [-current_version #] [-seg1addr 0x#]
> [-segs_read_only_addr 0x#] [-segs_read_write_addr 0x#] [-seg_addr_table
> <filename>] [-seg_addr_table_filename <file_system_path>] [-all_load]
> [-noall_load]
> make[3]: *** [libnetcdff.la] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 2

It looks like the /usr/bin/libtool is too old to understand the "-force_load"
option,
available on recent versions of libtool.  One workaround is to set the
environment
variable

  lt_cv_ld_force_load=no

before invoking the configure script.  Another is to update your version of the
Xcode tools to get
a more recent version of libtool.

Here's a previous note about this problem and the solution of setting
lt_cv_ld_force_load=no:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/netcdf/msg10648.html

--Russ

> Chih-Ping Wang
> Associate Researcher
> Dept. of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
> MS 7115
> UCLA
> 405 Hilgard Ave.
> Los Angeles, CA 90095