Re: nc4.3

On 9/19/2012 7:28 PM, Jeff McWhirter wrote:

    Everything in ucar.unidata.util was moved into the IDV.  the geoloc
    stuff was moved into netcdf.

On another unrelated note...

Has anyone looked into using the Java map projection lib:
http://www.jhlabs.com/java/maps/proj/

I use it for my lidar work and it seems pretty rich.  It even has the
Ginzburg8 projection (Alan did mapping before he was a poet). Its a pure
Java port of the proj4 library.

-Jeff

i often use this code when adding a new projection. the job is to turn it into a ProjectionImpl class.

problem is that its incomplete, and sometimes buggy. so needs testing and careful vetting, sometimes against the original C code.

"The Java projection library is a partial port..."