[netCDF #IBH-443553]: netcdf.inc

Hi Laura,

> I am trying to compile the netcdf library (netcdf.3.6.3) on my MacBook
> Pro which runs Snow Leopard (10.6.8).
>
> cloudbug-2:include LAURA$ uname -a
>
> Darwin cloudbug-2.local 10.8.0 Darwin Kernel Version 10.8.0: Tue Jun  7
> 16:33:36 PDT 2011; root:xnu-1504.15.3~1/RELEASE_I386 i386
>
> I set:
> FC=g95
> CC=gcc
> F90=g95
> F77=g95
>
> FCFLAGS=-m32
> CXXFLAGS=-m32
> CFLAGS=-m32
>
> but I am unable to create netcdf.inc in my include directory. I tried
> configure with and then without --enable-f90, but this did not change
> anything. Besides netcdf.inc missing, I believe that the install worked
> well. I am attaching my config.log file too.
>
> Can you please give a hint on how to compile the library so that I get
> a netcdf.inc file. Thanks.

What g95 are you using?  It doesn't come with Snow Leopard, so you must have
installed a version from somewhere else, so we can't duplicate the problem
here.  Users report success with g95 and the Apple cc compiler, or gfortran
from http://R.research.att.com/tools/.

Another possibility would be to try using netCDF-4.1.3, configuring with
--disable-netcdf-4 to get just the netCDF-3 library.

Also, F90 programs shouldn't try to include netcdf.inc, they just need a
"use netcdf" statement, as in the F90 examples here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/examples/programs/index.html

--Russ

Ticket ID: IBH-443553
Department: Support netCDF