[netCDF #BUL-932095]: ncdump

Hi Ahmed,

> i am using ncdump in my work , but always the variable that i am dealing
> with is function in time , latitude and longitude
> var(time,lat,lon)  ,and i often make the ncdump -v var file.nc > aa and i
> wanna to get the values of the variable at certain time step
> so i want var(1,lon,lat) , so how can i specify the value of the coordinate
> that i am using .

There is a sort of clumsy way you can do this with ncdump now, by specifying
full annotation of the output ("-fc" or "-ff" for C or Fortran annotation,
respectively), and then filter the output with something like grep to show
just the coordinates you want.

A better tool for this currently is the NCO software, specifically the
"ncks" tool:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/software.html#NCO

developed and maintained as open source software at the Univeristy of
California at Irvine.

--Russ

Ticket ID: BUL-932095
Department: Support netCDF