[netCDF #OWZ-634214]: MeteoInfo - a software to view and analysis meteorological and spatial data

Hi Yaqiang,

> The MeteoInfo software has been updated to version 0.9.9.6. It partly
> support GRIB 1 and 2 data set, and the streamline analysis function
> was also added. So please update the description on the netCDF
> software web page as following. Thanks!

Thanks for the update.  I've incorporated your additions at

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/software.html#MeteoInfo

> Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Happy holidays to you too!

--Russ

> [...]
> http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/metar.shtml )
> NOAA ISH data
> Lon/Lat Station ASCII data
> MICAPS 1, 3, 4, 7, 11 and 13 format data
> ASCII Grid data
> Surfer Grid data
>
> Supported Map and Image Data:
> ESRI shape file with point, polyline or polygon shape type.
> Projected shape file was not supported at present.
> Geographic map data of GrADS.
> Geographic map data of MICAPS.
> wmf map data. (Can be created by "Output Map Data" function in MeteoInfo)
> Normal Image data: Bmp, Jpg, Gif, Tiff, Png
>
> Plot options of grid data:
> Contour
> Shaded
> Grid Fill
> Grid Point
> Vector
> Barb
> Raster
> Streamline
>
> Plot options of station data:
> Station Point
> Contour
> Shaded
> Barb
> Weather Symbol
> Station Model
> Station Info
>
> Plot options of line data (trajectory, typhoon, etc):
> TrajLine
> TrajStartPoint
> TrajPoint
>
> On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 5:10 AM, Unidata netCDF Support
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Hi Dr. Wang,
> >
> > Sorry to have taken so long to respond to your request ...
> >> I recently developed a software MeteoInfo to view and analysis
> >> meteorological and spatial data. It is free and NetCDF data format is
> >> supported, so I hope it could be added in the software list. Thanks! A
> >> screen shot picture of MeteoInfo is attached.
> >>
> >> Download website: http://www.esnips.com/web/MeteoInfo
> >
> > I have added a slightly edited description of MeteoInfo to the netCDF
> > software list:
> >
> > Âhttp://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/software.html#MeteoInfo
> >
> > Please let me know if you prefer the description as you originally
> > provided it, or want any other modifications to the current
> > description.
> >
> > On behalf of the netCDF user community, thank you for making this
> > impressive software package freely available! ÂPlease let us know in
> > the future if there are updates that would require changes to the
> > description on the netCDF software web page.
> >
> > --Russ
> >
> > Russ Rew                     UCAR
> > Unidata Program
> > address@hidden           Âhttp://www.unidata.ucar.edu
> >

> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: OWZ-634214
> > Department: Support netCDF
> >

> --
> Dr. Ya-Qiang Wang
> Centre for Atmosphere Watch and Services (CAWAS), CMA
> Chinese Academy of Meteorological Sciences (CAMS)

Ticket ID: OWZ-634214
Department: Support netCDF