[netCDF #LOY-646076]: How to compile simple_xy_wr.f90 using gfortran

Hi,

> I have just installed nedcdf. Now, i can run the executables,
> which are provided in netcdf\examples folder, using this command in
> cygwin ./simple_xy_rd.exe. It is working well. But when I am trying
> to compile the file  simple_xy_rd.f90, it gives me error. I am using
> following command to comple the sourse code: gfortran simple_xy_rd.f90
> -L/usr/local/lib -lnetcdf
>
> This command is giving following error:
> use netcdf
> Fatal error: can't open module file 'netcdf.mod' for reading at <1>: no such
> file or directory

When you ran "make install", the file "netcdf.mod" should have been installed
in /usr/local/include (or possibly somewhere else, depending on configure
parameters).  So you probably only need to compile with -I/usr/local/include
before the name of the source file.

--Russ

Ticket ID: LOY-646076
Department: Support netCDF