[netCDF #XYW-598296]: make check fails for netcdf-4.1-snapshot2010020200

> Hi,
>
> The system (Ubuntu 9.04) has hdf 1.6.6 installed. I installed hdf
> 1.8.4 under $HOME/share and have set the --with-hdf5 accordingly.
> There is no error in compiling the library. But it seems that the
> check utilities were not compiled against the right library.
>
> -Huaiyu

Howdy Huaiyu!

Can you send me the complete output from configure and make check, and also
config.log?

As you note, netcdf-4.1 is not compatible with HDF5 1.6.x, only HDF5 1.8.4 and
later.

Everything should work, as long as you specify another HDF5 directory. If you
are using shared libraries for HDF5, you must also set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the
location of the 1.8.4 libraries. (Unless you do --disable-shared when
configuring, HDF5 builds shared libraries by default.)

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: XYW-598296
Department: Support netCDF