[netCDF #ANQ-143949]: Problem compilation netcdf in hp-ux

Hi Huber Paúl,

> I'm trying to compile the NetCDF sources 4.0.1 in HP-UX, but I don't
> know where can i change values for de compiler like CC, FC, I get the
> following error message.
>
> ld: Unsatisfied symbol "nf_put_var1_int2_" in file test_put.o
> ld: Unsatisfied symbol "nf_put_vara_int2_" in file test_put.o
> ld: Unsatisfied symbol "nf_put_vara_int1_" in file test_put.o
> ld: Unsatisfied symbol "nf_get_vara_int2_" in file test_get.o
> ld: Unsatisfied symbol "nf_get_vara_int1_" in file test_get.o
> ld: Unsatisfied symbol "nf_get_var1_int1_" in file test_get.o
> ld: Unsatisfied symbol "nf_get_var1_int2_" in file test_get.o
> ld: Unsatisfied symbol "nf_put_varm_int1_" in file test_put.o
> ld: Unsatisfied symbol "nf_put_varm_int2_" in file test_put.o
> ld: Unsatisfied symbol "nf_get_varm_int1_" in file test_get.o
> ld: Unsatisfied symbol "nf_get_varm_int2_" in file test_get.o
> ld: Unsatisfied symbol "nf_open_" in file test_get.o
> ld: Unsatisfied symbol "nf_inq_varid_" in file test_put.o
> ld: Unsatisfied symbol "nf_inq_nvars_" in file test_read.o
> ld: Unsatisfied symbol "nf_inq_varnatts_" in file test_read.o
> ld: Unsatisfied symbol "min_schar_" in file util.o

You can set the compilers by setting the environment variables CC, FC, or CXX,
as
described in these instructions:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install/Environment.html

How you set environment variables depends on what shell you are using. The
instructions above show how to do it using sh (same as for ksh or bash).

You may want to just try letting the configure script find the compilers, unless
you know you need to use particular compilers that must be specified.  In that
case try these instructions for building quickly on Unix systems:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install/Quick-Instructions.html

--Russ

Ticket ID: ANQ-143949
Department: Support netCDF