[McIDAS #SBY-235893]: Converting SV file from NOAA CLASS archive

Hi Robert,

re:
> I hope you are well.

I am doing very well, thanks.  I hope that you are well also!

re:
> I obtained some AVHRR data (mixture of NOAA and Met-Op FRAC) from
> the NOAA CLASS archive that is in .SV format, which I assume is a
> raw format.

Hmm...

re:
> Is there a way to convert that to McIDAS AREA format?

I am unfamiliar with the .SV format.  I quick Google search was
not very helpful as the first couple of links refer to some sort
of textual format, and I assume that this is not really how the
file(s) you downloaded is(are) formatted.

Was there any information on the CLASS page(s) about the .SV
format?

Have you tried doing an octal dump of the beginning of the file to
see if there are any clues as to what the format looks like?

To answer your question directly, I do not know of an ADDE server
that is specifically designed to support imagery in .SV format.
I must say, however, that I could be mistaken about this since I
really do not know what the .SV format is.

Last comment: your posting of the same question to the mcidas-x
email list was a good move as there might be someone out there
who is familiar with the .SV format and know if there is a way
to use data in such a format in McIDAS (or IDV or McV).

Ticket ID: SBY-235893
Department: Support McIDAS