[McIDAS #HQH-586893]: mcidas-x download forbidden

Hi Jim,

re:
> Thanks for that added info.  I was not getting the ".ALL" part of IMGLIST
> and was stuck there.

Not including the .ALL or .pos (position number in the dataset) should always
result in return of information for the most recent image in the set.

Try:

IMGLIST MET8/IMAGES.ALL
IMGLIST MET/IMAGES
IMGLIST MET/IMAGES.1
IMGLIST MET/IMAGES.2
etc.

For information on how to run a command, run:

HELP <command>

HELP IMGLIST

re:
> I'm able to display the area file images now:
>
> [image: image.png]

Progress!

re:
> Is there a way to get the lat/lon to display as fractional angles instead
> of d/m/s?

No, not in the McGUI.  The best way to get information from an image
is by using the IMGPROBE command:

- move the mouse cursor over a part of the image you are intetested
  in

  With the focus on the text and command window of the McGUI, run:

  IMGPROBE MODE=N

- you can also run the D command

  D is a short cut for IMGPROBE MODE=N.

- run HELP IMGPROBE for more information

Recommendation:

Exit the McGUI and restart it using:

mcidas -config

This brings up a widget that lets you set the number of frames,
the frame size, etc.  I strongly recommend making your view
window much larger.  I run my McIDAS sessions with frame sizes
of 940x1500 on my 1920x1200 monitor.

Make sure to save the configuration if you like it.

re:
> So these are visible images and I assume BRIT is the 0-255
> brightness count but what does ~TEMP represent.

The TEMP thing is a shortcut and was setup assuming GVAR images.
The McGUI TEMP value for a METEOSAT-8 VIS image is bogus.  The
correct way to get all supported values for an image is by using
the IMGPROBE command.

I'll be going silent for the rest of the day; got some errands to
run...

Ticket ID: HQH-586893
Department: Support McIDAS