[McIDAS #ANW-223062]: Problem in reading MCTABLE.TXT in McIDAS-X 2018a

Hi Bob,

re:
> I am assisting McGill University AOS department students in using McIDAS-X
> (as part of a class I taught there).

Nice!

re:
> As a local user, I am able to write to my local MCTABLE.TXT file with the
> execution of:
>
> DATALOC ADD EAST GOESEAST.UNIDATA.UCAR.EDU.
>
> The contents of the file are:
>
> HOST_GOESEAST.UNIDATA.UCAR.EDU=128.117.12.26
> ADDE_ROUTE_EAST=GOESEAST.UNIDATA.UCAR.EDU
>
> However, DATALOC LIST returns no information.
>
> My .bash_profile contains the following:
>
> export MCHOME=/home/mcidas
> export MCDATA=$HOME/mcidas/data
> export MCTABLE_READ=$MCDATA/MCTABLE.TXT:$MCHOME/data/ADDESITE.TXT
> export MCTABLE_WRITE=$MCDATA/MCTABLE.TXT
>
> I've verified the locations of MCTABLE.TXT and ADDESITE.TXT to be
> correct with DMAP. They are both readable:
>
> -rw-       698 Feb 11 16:49 ADDESITE.TXT     /home/mcidas/data
> -rw-        87 Feb 17 00:47 MCTABLE.TXT      /aos/home/brabin/mcidas/data
>
> I was wondering if your might have any ideas why I cann't list
> the contents of these files with DATALOC.

The thing that caught my eye last night when I first say your email
and again as I look at your definition for MCTABLE_READ is that
you are using a ':' (colon) instead of a ';' (semi-colon) as
the separator between $MCDATA/MCTABLE.TXT and $MCHOME/data/ADDESITE.TXT.
While directories are separated by ':'s (colons) in the MCPATH definition,
one must use ';'s (semi-colons) in the MCTABLE_READ definition.

Please try changing the ':' to a ';' and see if that doesn't solve
the mystery.

re:
> Thanks for your help!

No worries.  I'm hoping that the problem is as simple as what I
noted above!

Ticket ID: ANW-223062
Department: Support McIDAS