[McIDAS #YDN-120538]: lead.unidata.ucar.edu down

Hi Bob,

Sorry for the slow reply...

re:
> I hope this is the right place to send this to...  I was accessing the
> RTGOESR dataset off lead.unidata.ucar.edu earlier on, and now it seems
> to be down.  Are you aware of this?

We were alerted when the load average climbed to above 70 (!).  There were
LOTS of McIDAS ABI server abinaget processes running, so we can safely say
that the ADDE serving was associated with the high load average.  Whether
or not it was the cause of the high load average is still unknown.

re:
> Any idea of when it might be back up?

Its been back up for quite a while now.

Comment:

- currently we provide GRB-delivered GOES-16 ABI imagery and NOAAPort-delivered
  SCMI imagery on two motherlode class servers:

  lead.unidata.ucar.edu
  atm.ucar.edu

  If you find that one server is unresponsive, you should switch to using the
other

- in the not too distant future, we will be serving GRB and NOAAPort GOES-16
imagery
  on two more machines:

  adde.ucar.edu
  adde.ssec.wisc.edu