[McIDAS #EVZ-815901]: GOES15 RSO

Hi Ioan,

Sorry for the slow reply.  I am currently in Madison, WI attending
the McIDAS User's Group meeting...

re:
> long time no hear:). I hope you are doing well.

I'm doing OK, thanks!  And you?

re:
> I have  learned recently there is a difference between the number of
> images/slots we get from CLASS and you (UCAR)
>
> It looks like GOES15 is in RSO mode due to Kilauea eruption and that
> resulted in fewer SH images.
> While CLASS has 16 SH images for yesterday (21 May 2018) your ADDE SERVER
> has none.
>
> Its this supposed to be like that?

I don't think so.  One thing I have seen, however, is a change in the
coverage of some scans that would ordinarily be classified as NH
but got classified in the OTHER dataset.  It would probably be a good
idea to check to see if the same thing happened to the SH scans
during the RSOs.

re:
> Second, I have improved a bit the pygvar reader and started to rebuild both
> GOES Eats and West archives. I believe it behaves quite similarly to McIDAS
> X  and in some situations better. Concretely, there are Images that McIDAS
> X returns with missing lines/invalid stripes while  pygvar reads them or if
> there are few  adjacent missing lines it can interpolate them on demand
> producing usable images.

The ADDE server's approach is to had back exactly what was received.  McIDAS
itself can then fill in missing lines with interpolations if that is what
the user wants.

Sorry again for the slow and brief reply.

Ticket ID: EVZ-815901
Department: Support McIDAS