[NOAAPORT #RGL-339243]: ADDE Serving of NEXRAD Level III data

Hi Heather,

re:
> Yes, I am looking at the local data.

OK.  It does not make sense that remote ADDE access to some datasets
would work while others would not.

Will the VPN access to your machines still work (I haven't tried)?
If yes, I will connect later today and try to replicate what you
are seeing.  To do this, I will need 'mcidas' access to npxcd and
access to another machine/account where access to the RTNEXRAD
dataset on npxcd is not working.

re:
Here is the output from my dataloc commands as both user mcidas
> and user ldm:
>
> [mcidas@npxcd ~]$ dataloc.k LIST RTNEXRAD
>
> Group Name                    Server IP Address
> --------------------         ----------------------------------------
> RTNEXRAD                     <LOCAL-DATA>
>
> <LOCAL-DATA> indicates that data will be accessed from the local data
> directory.
> DATALOC -- done

Very good.

re:
> [mcidas@npxcd ~]$ exit
> logout
> [ldm@npxcd logs]$ dataloc.k LIST RTNEXRAD
>
> Group Name                    Server IP Address
> --------------------         ----------------------------------------
> RTNEXRAD                     <LOCAL-DATA>
>
> <LOCAL-DATA> indicates that data will be accessed from the local data
> directory.
> DATALOC -- done

Question:

- why would the 'ldm' account be setup with ADDE dataset definitions?

  It is best to confine ADDE dataset definitions to a single account
  (I recommend 'mcidas') on the machine(s) that provide remote ADDE
  server access.  This way there is no confusion as to which account's
  setup is being used.

Ticket ID: RGL-339243
Department: Support NOAAPORT