[NOAAPORT #RGL-339243]: ADDE Serving of NEXRAD Level III data

Hi Heather,

re:
> [...]
> N0X          99999    Digital Differential Reflectivity Tilt 1
> N0Z          99999    248 nm Base Reflectivity
> N1C          99999    Correlation Coefficient Tilt 3
> N1H          99999    Hydrometeor Classification Tilt 3
> N1K          99999    Specific Differential Phase Tilt 3
> N1P          99999    1-hour Surface Precipitation
> N1Q          99999    Base Reflectivity DR Tilt 3
> N1R          99999    Base Reflectivity Tilt 2
> N1S          99999    Storm-Rel Mean Vel Tilt 2
> N1U          99999    Base Velocity DV Tilt 3
> N1V          99999    Radial Velocity Tilt 2
> N1X          99999    Digital Differential Reflectivity Tilt 3
> N2C          99999    Correlation Coefficient Tilt 5
> N2H          99999    Hydrometeor Classification Tilt 5
> N2K          99999    Specific Differential Phase Tilt 5
> N2Q          99999    Base Reflectivity DR Tilt 5
> N2R          99999    Base Reflectivity Tilt 3
> N2S          99999    Storm-Rel Mean Vel Tilt 3
> N2U          99999    Base Velocity DV Tilt 5
> N2X          99999    Digital Differential Reflectivity Tilt 5
> N3C          99999    Correlation Coefficient Tilt 6
> N3H          99999    Hydrometeor Classification Tilt 6
> N3K          99999    Specific Differential Phase Tilt 6
> N3Q          99999    Base Reflectivity DR Tilt 6
> N3R          99999    Base Reflectivity Tilt 4
> N3S          99999    Storm-Rel Mean Vel Tilt 4
> N3U          99999    Base Velocity DV Tilt 6
> N3X          99999    Digital Differential Reflectivity Tilt 6
> NAC          99999    Correlation Coefficient Tilt 2
> NAH          99999    Hydrometeor Classification Tilt 2
> NAK          99999    Specific Differential Phase Tilt 2
> NAQ          99999    Base Reflectivity DR Tilt 2
> NAU          99999    Base Velocity DV Tilt 2
> NAX          99999    Digital Differential Reflectivity Tilt 2
> NBC          99999    Correlation Coefficient Tilt 4
> NBH          99999    Hydrometeor Classification Tilt 4
> NBK          99999    Specific Differential Phase Tilt 4
> NBQ          99999    Base Reflectivity DR Tilt 4
> NBU          99999    Base Velocity DV Tilt 4
> NBX          99999    Digital Differential Reflectivity Tilt 4
> NCR          99999    Composite Reflectivity
> NET          99999    Echo Tops
> NTP          99999    Storm Total Precipitation
> NVL          99999    Vertical Liquid H2O
> OHA          99999    One Hour Accumulation
> PTA          99999    Storm Total Accumulation
>
> DSINFO -- done
>

> [mcidas@npxcd data]$ imglist.k RTNEXRAD/DAA.-3 ID=LWX
> Image file directory listing for:RTNEXRAD/DAA
> Pos Satellite/         Date       Time      Center   Band(s)
> sensor                                 Lat  Lon
> --- -------------  ------------  --------  ---- ---- ------------
> 1774  RADAR         22 SEP 14265  05:28:33     LWX    17
> 1773  RADAR         22 SEP 14265  05:18:48     LWX    17
> 1772  RADAR         22 SEP 14265  05:09:05     LWX    17
> 1771  RADAR         22 SEP 14265  04:59:21     LWX    17

Just to make sure that you are looking at your own ADDE holdings, please
run 'DATALOC LIST RTNEXRAD' (dataloc.k LIST RTNEXRAD) so we can both
be sure that you are pointing at your own NEXRAD Level III holdings.

re:
> However, when I access the data as user ldm or across the adde server
> on a different machine, I don't see the new products, and no data is
> shown for the products that are listed:
>
> [ldm@npxcd logs]$ dsinfo.k I RTNEXRAD
>
> Dataset Names of Type: IMAGE in Group: RTNEXRAD
>
> Name         NumPos   Content
> ------------ ------   --------------------------------------
> N0R          99999    Base Reflectivity Tilt 1
> N0S          99999    Storm-Rel Mean Vel Tilt 1
> N0V          99999    Radial Velocity Tilt 1
> N0Z          99999    248 nm Base Reflectifity
> N1P          99999    1-hour Surface Rainfall
> N1R          99999    Base Reflectivity Tilt 2
> N1S          99999    Storm-Rel Mean Vel Tilt 2
> N1V          99999    Radial Velocity Tilt 2
> N2R          99999    Base Reflectivity Tilt 3
> N2S          99999    Storm-Rel Mean Vel Tilt 3
> N3R          99999    Base Reflectivity Tilt 4
> N3S          99999    Storm-Rel Mean Vel Tilt 4
> NCR          99999    Composite Reflectivity
> NET          99999    Echo Tops
> NTP          99999    Storm Total Rainfall
> NVL          99999    Vertical Liquid H2O
>
> DSINFO -- done

Like before, I will ask you to list what ADDE server you are trying to access
the data from by running:

dataloc.k LIST RTNEXRAD

> [ldm@npxcd logs]$ imglist.k RTNEXRAD/N0R.-3 ID=LWX
> Image file directory listing for:RTNEXRAD/N0R
> imglist.k: No images meet the selection criteria
> imglist.k: done
>
> What am I not doing?

If both 'mcidas' on npxcd and users on other machines are
both pointing to the ADDE server on npxcd, then you should be
doing nothing wrong.  I will know more after seeing the output
from the DATALOC invocations run as 'mcidas' on npxcd and a
user on any machine but npxcd.

re:
> Thanks!

No worries.