[McIDAS #HOU-905161]: cannot build mcidas

Hi Heather,

re:
> Thank you so much for the help!  That worked perfectly!

Glad to hear it :-)

re:
> I had everything else that you mentioned installed, but I thought
> that this problem was a 32 vs 64 bit problem.

No.  I added the searching of the /usr/X11R6/lib64 library to get around
a problem I ran into some time ago.  I haven't worried about it since
because it should have no negative side effects regardless of the
underlying OS installation.

re:
> I have one more quick question: At mcidas startup, how do I get the text
> screen to show up instead of the gui screen?

Instead of simply running 'mcidas' from the command line, run 'mcidas -config'.
This will cause a GUI to pop-up in which you can set a number of configurable
options.  The one you want to focus on is:

Auto UI start [MCGUI|GUI|NONE]

Selecting NONE will result in a McIDAS session with no GUI.  If you want this
to be your default when running 'mcidas', make sure to select the YES option
on:

Save configuration values to defaults file [YES|NO]

re:
> Thanks!

No worries.

Ticket ID: HOU-905161