[McIDAS #AFF-910922]: Question about running McIDAS (X and XCD) in VMs

Hi Again Bryan,

Jay from the McIDAS Help Desk wrote:
> I'd say our programmers have a similar opinion to TomY's:
>
> > We are doing this right now for product creation for the WMS, and it
> > works well.  If you need to view the display window you can export
> > your DISPLAY just like you would from a regular machine.  Not sure
> > about XCD however... I assume it would work.

I can add that McIDAS-XCD _does_ run nicely in my CentOS 6.3 x86_64
virtual machine.  The only thing I must add is that this is from
Unidata's McIDAS distribution.  Since I do not fundamentally change
anything in XCD (aside from implementing bug fixes), I can see no
reason that SSEC's XCD would not run in a virtual machine.

Ticket ID: AFF-910922
Department: Support McIDAS