[McIDAS #IWJ-443798]: MCIDAS Software Upgrade at NGC

Hi Martha,

re:

> However, while I built the XRD package which includes remap2_tasc.k,
> when I attempt to run it to remap a GOES15 image, it gives a segmentation
> fault.  It is my understanding that XRD consists of 3rd party MCIDAS
> software so it may not be something that is tested as rigorously as the
> regular MCIDAS apps.

Your understanding is correct; the XRD routines do _not_ undergo rigorous
testing by me.

If you can provide me the image(s) that you were trying to use when
you got the segmentation fault, I could see if anything obvious presents
itself.

Martha Tonkin wrote:
> I have downloaded the latest GVAR SDI software from SSEC and installed
> it on  both GOESE and GOESW, and we now can view GOES-15 data off the
> GOESW ingestor, while GOES-13 data continues to come in successfully.
>
> I have also downloaded UNIDATA MCIDAS 2009i which is Tom's latest and
> greatest, and is supposed to include all the GOES14/15 mods.
>
> I used NGST as a test bed as I didn't want to mess up the ongoing remaps
> of the GOES East data which run on TORNADO from get_gvar.
>
> The MCIDAS build went smoothly on NGST and the tests that UNIDATA suggests
> all passed.
>
> However, while I built the XRD package which includes remap2_tasc.k,
> when I attempt to run it to remap a GOES15 image, it gives a segmentation
> fault.  It is my understanding that XRD consists of 3rd party MCIDAS
> software so it may not be something that is tested as rigorously as the
> regular MCIDAS apps.
>
> I should note that I have been using the UNIDATA XRD version of
> remap2_tasc to remap the data on the ground station system TORNADO,
> as I never was able to get remap2_tasc to build as a stand alone as we
> used to do before it was included with XRD.

Ticket ID: IWJ-443798