[McIDAS #BLE-176037]: enhancements for dual pol

Hi Paul,

re: access info
> i Sent you those

Thanks.  This was useful!

I think that the problem was that the DREF enhancement has too many levels
to be used in the McIDAS session created by:

mcenv -f address@hidden -g 16

The default number of image levels (colors) created by 'mcenv' is something
like 16.  The DREF enhancement has logs of color levels.

To test this hypothesis, I modified ~mcidas/singlesitekickoff to include
the '-i 128' flag which tells 'mcenv' to allocate 128 levels (colors) for
images.  I then run singlesitekickoff and see the following log output:

EG B 2
Erased image and graphic frame(s) 2-2
GU REST NEXRAD 2
GRAPHICS TABLE NEXRAD.GRX HAS BEEN RESTORED
GU: Done
IMGDISP RTNEXRAD/N0X 2 ID=CLE STATION=CLE PLACE=C MAG=-2 EU=DREF
Beginning Image Data transfer, bytes= 811964
IMGDISP: loaded frame  2
IMGDISP: done
MAP H 5 GRA=2 IMA=2 WID=3
EU: Restoring DREF.ET to frame(s)= 2
EU: Done

The second to last line of this listing shows that DREF was restored
to frame 2.

re:
> ok another small problem
>
> I am trying to pass paramters into a batchfile from the command line i run
>
> BATCH LOT N0R NEW.BAT

OK, looks good.

re:
> and its all fine...i m reading as %1 and %2 as LOT and N0R respectively

Yup.

re:
> in the kickoff program, how do I call that same command using batch.k ?

Presumably, you want to pass the station ID and product type into
singlesitekickoff and then have it provide the values to the BATCH invocation.
This should be doable using:

cd $MCDATA
mcenv -f address@hidden -i 128 -g 16 << EOF
   batch.k $1 $2 /home/mcidas/paulsbatches/SINGLESITE.BAT
exit
EOF

Here $1 should be the first parameter passed into 'singlesitekickoff'
and $2 should be the second value.  There might, however, be a problem
given that the 'mcenv' invocation actually creates a new shell in
which batch.k is run.  If there is a problem, you might have to
define an environment variable for the site ID and another one
for the product type and make those globally accessible.  Something
like:

ID=$1
TYPE=$2
export ID TYPE

cd $MCDATA
mcenv -f address@hidden -i 128 -g 16 << EOF
   batch.k $ID $TYPE /home/mcidas/paulsbatches/SINGLESITE.BAT
exit
EOF

Ticket ID: BLE-176037