[McIDAS #SMX-272962]: mcidas question

Hi Sepide,

re:
> I have a question, in the above below email that you sent me you have :
>
> cd $MCDATA
> imgprobe.k LIST POINT DATASET=TEST/GOES.1 LATLON=-1.38 48.48 MODE=N
>
> Image Name           Day      Nominal Time   Scan Time    Band
> ----------------      -------    ------------   ---------    ----
> TEST/GOES.1          1 Jan 90001   00:31:00      MISSING        1
>
> File     Nominal  Image      RAW         BRIT
> Lat/Lon      Line/Element  Line/Element
> -1:22:53  / 48:30:08  1163/14313    7164/14314              8           8
>
> IMGPROBE: Done
>
> Is the data that we got from the file "8" ? meaning it is the albedo?

No, the "8" value is both the RAW and BRIT (brightness) values.

re:
> because it is either 8 or 4 or 12 in all of the files.

Given the very low value of the RAW/BRIT values, your images are in
conditions of low light.

I believe that a Google (tm) search using 'GOES 7 albedo' will show a
number of useful studies of calculation of albedo for GOES-7.

Ticket ID: SMX-272962