[McIDAS #VAH-623608]: Missing ADDE radar

Hi Russ,

Sorry for the silence.  I was off and about this afternoon and not
reading email...

re:
> This is definitely a problem at SSEC. I have received email from
> another staff member at SSEC that is having the same exact problem.
> Thanks for the help.

Yup, things are OK here.

re:
> Anyway, I was wondering if this might be a name server problem.
> Can you give me the IP address for one of your ADDE servers. I'll
> enter this in instead of the name.

Name service only comes into play in ADDE when defining client
routing table entries (i.e., 'DATALOC ADD' or 'DATALOC HOST').
When either of these is run, the IP address of the indicated server(s)
is(are) ascertained by a 'gethostbyname' call for nameservice, and
the result(s) is(are) cached in the file pointed to by the user's
MCTABLE_WRITE setting.

This behavior is the reason that users should run 'DATALOC HOST' at
the beginning of their McIDAS-X sessions -- 'DATALOC HOST' will insure
that any machines for which DNS has changed will be accessible by their
new IP.  I added automatic running of 'DATALOC HOST' to the startup
of my McIDAS-X GUI, MCGUI.

re:
> Its probably something else since
> all of my scripts that have "wget" calls are also broken at exactly
> the same time.

I agree.

Ticket ID: VAH-623608
Department: Support McIDAS