[McIDAS #NQB-246089]: question about fy2 calibration in Mcidas Area files

Hi Li,

re:
> hi, I'mÂlearning toÂuse fy2c imagesÂinÂADTÂof mcidas.ÂIt seemsÂthat
> there
> is notÂa calibration block inÂfy2c area dataÂdownloaded from
> gp16.ssd.nesdis.noaa.gov.

If you are using IMGCOPY to download the FY2C images, then you should
try including the DOC=YES keyword on the copy.

Also, I was under the impression that the FY2C imagery from
SATEPSANONE.NESDIS.NOAA.GOV (the new, preferred name for
gp16.ssd.nesdis.noaa.gov) were pre-calibrated. You can test to
see if this is the case by:

- copy an IR band from one image to a local dataset on your machine

- display the copied image using IMGDISP

- use the IMGPROBE command to list out data values from the image
  making sure to specify the desired 'unit' for the list (TEMP).  If
  the IMGPROBE output for unit TEMP is temperature, then the image
  either has a calibration block or is pre-calibrated

> Question is how ADT canÂobtain temperatures from the data?

I will need to research this.

> AndÂwouldÂyou like to show meÂ"FY2" typeÂcalibration block format in area
> files, so thatÂI canÂadd a calibration block myself ?

Please try the steps listed above first and let me know if it doesn't work.
I will try the same thing here to see what results I can get.

> Thanks a lot

No worries.

Ticket ID: NQB-246089