[McIDAS #AGP-954158]: Drawing a line in McIDAS

Hi Greg,

re:
> I'm using McIDAS in a field project application where I'd like
> to overlay the flight track of the G-V over the current satellite
> image. Since the flight track info comes in in lat, lon coordinates it
> would be great to be able to plot a line from these. I looked around
> your website but couldn't find anything that described drawing lines
> with lat, lon points. I did find a previous support question that
> suggested the PATH command may be what I need however, when I click on
> PATH in the command list(commands by alphabetical order), I get a
> "File Not Found 404 Error". Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks for finding out that the link to the PATH command was bad.  I have
corrected it now:

https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/current/users_guide/PATH.html

The other thing that could be used is McBASI, the McIDAS Basic-like interpreter.
McBASI (instantiated in the RUN command and extensively documented in the
McIDAS Users Guide) has a 'plot' capability.  'plot' can draw lines between
points in the TV coordinate space.  In order to use 'plot' I would write
a McBASI script that:

- reads Lat,Lon pairs from a input file
- converts each Lat,Lon point to a TV coordinate
- uses the 'plot' capability to plot on the display

Do you have a file of aircraft locations that I could take a quick look at?

Ticket ID: AGP-954158