[McIDAS #TVG-597868]: McIDAS workshop and RAW GVAR data from NOAA/CLASS

Hi Bernie,

re:
> Thanks for checking out the GVAR format and coming up with a procedure
> to read the files.

No worries.  What I learned will help others who get the RAW GVAR data from
CLASS and potentially others who have other GVAR ingest systems (e.g., Quorum).

> The work on NREL's end to get the files ready to
> process sounds pretty straightforward.

Yup, it shouldn't be hard.  There is one routine that needs to be written,
but I will probably do that as an addition to Unidata McIDAS (since it will
be of general use).

> As far as the class is
> concerned it looks like it will just be me and a programmer from NREL
> attending so maybe we can go back to the informal format that we
> originally discussed and set a time convenient for everyone.

OK.

> Would the November 10-13 time slot at UCAR still work for you?

Two of you is a little too much for my office (my office is overflowing
with computers and spare parts).  We have a small conference room, but it
would not do well with three computers (one for each of you and one for
me).

Does Oct 27-29 not work for the two of you?

Ticket ID: TVG-597868