[McIDAS #YQS-565180]: McIDAS-x and HDF installation issues....

Hi Jim,

Sorry for the late reply...

re:
> So found some strangeness, but it is reproducible strangeness...  so here
> goes (see mcidas-build.log
> for console capture):
>
> 1) Expand the HDF_4.2r3 tarball
> 2) mcunpack
> 3) replace ~/mcidas2007/hdf with downloaded HDF 4.2r3
> 4) make hdf with --with-zlib=~/mcidas2007/zlib --with-jpeg=~/mcidas2007/jpeg
> 5) make McIDAS  (makelog_1.txt)
>
> Make fails at hdf

OK.

> 6) su to root
> 7) repeat make McIDAS (makelog_2.txt)
>
> McIDAS make now completes.

This weird!

> I will check to see if the install is good, but I am wondering
> if the fail is due to a file permission or funky path somewhere.  Thoughts?

It appears that you picked up the build as 'root' at the point it failed for
'mcidas'.
If this is the case, I would say that all bets are off.  It would be very
interesting
to see if a clean build by 'root' would run all of the way through to
completion.

Question:

- is the HDF_4.2r3 distribution supposed to build cleanly on your AIX system

Ticket ID: YQS-565180