[McIDAS #FWA-298738]: big-endian Linux

Hi Dave,

re:
> Do you have any sites running McX on a big-endian Linux? ESPC is
> converting their hardware to IBM Linux and they are looking for help....

I don't believe that there are any Unidata sites running McIDAS-X under
Linux on big-endian platforms.  Most of my sites migrated to (a variety
of different flavors of) Linux on PCs because of the low cost of PC
hardware.

What problems is ESPC having?  Even though we don't run in this configuration,
I could ** perhaps ** help.

Ticket ID: FWA-298738