[McIDAS #SUP-835157]: MSG compressed data

Hi Oana,

re:
> Of course, I used the old "beer" trick!

Glad to hear it :-)

> The easiest way is to use the EUMETSAT ADDE, of course. I am already a
> registered user of the EUMETSAT user service, so I will try to get the MSG
> files from there via McIDAS.

You will need to talk to EUMETSAT user services to get the user name and
account key for the ADDE access to the METEOSAT-8 data.  I got mine
from Marianne Koenig (who is _not_ in the user services group) because
I was helping debug the system.  I am not sure who you should contact,
but I might start with:

Debbie Richards
EUMETSAT User Services
"e-mail OPS" <address@hidden>

> Thank you very, very much for this information,

I will be very interested to hear how easy/hard the process is for you.
One of the goals that Volker and I agreed on very early on in this effort
was for the need to do the following in order:

1) install an ADDE server (done by Marianne)
2) test the server for long haul access (i.e., to Unidata) (done)
3) get EUMETSAT member states researchers/educators to use the service
4) press to make the service freely available to all

Your access is essential the beginning of step #4 !

Ticket ID: SUP-835157