[McIDAS #SUP-835157]: MSG compressed data

Hi Oana,

re:
> I feel Ok today, finally! My cold is gone, let's hope.

Very good.  I hope plenty of rest with beer did the trick ;-)

> And of course I feel "adventurous enough to try implementing the ITC
> changes" on our system.  Please send me the steps necessary to implement the
> changes.

OK.  I will try to organize what I was sent (which I have not looked at
properly yet) in the near future.  Exactly when I can get to this is unknown
since our series of training workshops began this morning.

> This seems to be a good "backup" for our 2Met! software which we are using
> now for MSG data decompression.

By the way, EUMETSAT now operates an ADDE server for realtime METEOSAT-8
imagery (ADDE group EUM_AD).  You should be able to get access to this service
by contacting the EUMETSAT user services and registering (you will get a user
name and account key that you then specify with the McIDAS LOGON command before
accessing the MSG data).  This service is the culmination of a multiyear effort
among Marianne Koenig, Volker Gaertner, and I to get ADDE access to realtime
MSG data available.  So far, the access it is working very nicely.  The direct
ADDE access to the data may be the easiest way for you to implement a backup
to your 2Met! software.

Ticket ID: SUP-835157
Department: Support McIDAS