[McIDAS #NVD-511681]: McIDAS install tip

Hi Gilbert,

re: Fortran compiler on alternate machine running FC5
> OK. So www.ehs.niu.edu now has McIDAS on it.

Very good.

> I had wondered why g77 wasn't
> working. I did have it on there; but the legacy version
> was not on there.

Right.  'locate g77' showed no executable called 'g77'.

> I had to go to the Fedora Linux users group for help. One
> person replied with this; maybe this should be used to compile
> McIDAS instead of the legacy g77?

This would require, at a minimum, a change in ~mcidas/mcidas2006/mccomp.sh
to check to see if 'g77' or 'gfortran' was available.  Also, we have
run into issues using 'gfortran' for other applications that we
distribute and/or support.  Because of this, I am holding off using
'gfortran' for the present.