20021216: frequent FRNTDISP failure for 12Z fronts (cont.)

>From: Unidata Support <address@hidden>

Bryan,

re:
>I've noticed that the FRNTDISP command has been failing on the 12Z ASUS1
>messages a lot lately.  It gives a message saying "FRNTDISP: No fronts,
>highs, or lows found".
>
>Have you also noticed this?

I took a look at this on Saturday, and found the problem.  I put a modified
version of frntdisp.pgm out on our FTP site for yout to grab:

machine:   ftp.unidata.uar.edu
user:      anonymous
pass:      your_full_email_address
directory: pub/mcidas/src
file:      frntdisp.pgm

You will need to FTP this file to your ~mcidas/mcidas<version>/src
directory and remake and reinstall the executable.

<login as 'mcidas'>
cd ~mcidas/mcidas2002/src
ftp ftp.unidata.ucar.edu
  <user> anonymous
  <pass> address@hidden
  binary
  get frntdisp.pgm
  quit
make frntdisp.k
rm ~/bin/frntdisp.k
ln frntdisp.k ~/bin

Please let me know if you have any problems.

Tom

>From address@hidden Tue Dec 17 09:37:28 2002

Thanks Tom!

We'll give it a whirl.