20020731: RAOBCON OUT=SAVE does not write day or level to GRID header

>From: "Fingerhut, William A" <address@hidden>

Bill,

>I am still upgrading my mcidas scripts to 7.8  , and ran into a little
>problem.
>
>I want to create grids of THAE from raob data at several different
>levels and store them in a gridfile for later use.

OK.

>RAOBCON will create and save grids of THAE, but the level and day are
>not stored in the grid header. ???  I need the level in the header so
>that later I can select the right grid. Can this be done, and if so,
>how ???

It looks like this is a bug that I will have to report to SSEC.
Unfortunately, the same bug exists in the v2002 distribution, so
upgrading to it won't help you.

I will look into raobcon.pgm (and ptcon.pgm) to see if I can see how
to fix this problem, but this may take some time as I am preparing for
the McIDAS workshop that I am holding starting Monday.  I will let
you know if I come up with anything quickly.

Sorry for the problems...