20020612: Specify frames sizes in McIDAS-X Batch mode

>From: Eirh-Yu Hsie <address@hidden>

Hsie,

>I can specify different frame size in interactive mode in $home/.mcidasrc file
>by:
>#               -f 4
>#               -f 512x512
>#               -f 512x512
>#               -f address@hidden
>#
>#       causes your session to have 8 frames as follows.
>#
>#               Frames 1-4 are  480 lines by  640 elements.
>#               Frames 5-6 are  512 lines by  512 elements.
>#               Frames 7-8 are 1024 lines by 1280 elements.
>

>How can I specify different frmame size in Batch mode.  For example in
>mcrun.sh script.

You do this by including the -f argument to mcenv.

>cd $MCDATA
>mcenv << EOF
>
># put McIDAS-X commands you want to run here, one command per line.
>
># Example (note that these lines are commented out!!):
>#
># dataloc.k ADD RTGINI adde.unidata.ucar.edu
># imgdisp.k RTGINI/GE1KVIS STA=KMIA EU=IMAGE SF=YES REFRESH='EG;MAP H'
># frmsave.k 1 miamivis.gif
>
># done
>  exit
>
>EOF
>
># Done
>exit 0

Here is an example that creates 4 frames each of size 600x800:

cd $MCDATA
mcenv -f address@hidden << EOF
EOF

mcenv takes a number of flags: -f, -e, -g, and -i.  You can get more
information on the use of mcenv online using the McIDAS HELP command:

help.k mcenv