20010712: Problems at UPRM (cont.)

>From: Unidata Mcidas Account <address@hidden>

Luis,

>All the changes that had to be done by "root" are finished now.

Very good.

>I have
>to set up the machine so it gets the time via ntp, so we don't have that
>same problem again.

Again, very good.

>The changes to the mcadde account have been finished
>also.

Wonderful.

I just logged onto atmos and found that I omitted one thing from the ADDE
remote server setup that will need to be done as 'root'.  The ADDE setup
was done when the HOME directory of 'mcadde' was still /home/mcadde.  This
now results in an incorrect entry in /etc/inetd.conf:

mcserv  stream  tcp     nowait  mcadde  /home/mcidas/bin/mcservsh
mcservsh -H /home/mcadde
mccompress      stream  tcp     nowait  mcadde  /home/mcidas/bin/mcservsh
mcservsh -H /home/mcadde

In both the mcserv and mccompress entries, the argument of -H needs to be
changed to be /home/mcidas.  This change can be done as 'root' in one of
two ways:

o edit /etc/inetd.conf and change /home/mcadde to /home/mcidas;
  after doing this you must send a HUP signal to the inetd process

o cd /home/mcidas
  sh ./mcinet7.7.sh uninstall mcadde
  sh ./mcinet7.7.sh install mcadde

The direct editing method is the fastest, but you have to remember to not
delete any tabs in the file.

>Thank you again.

No problem.  Please let me know when you have made the change to the
inetd.conf entries.

Also, I am very close to getting NEXRAD data for JUA sent from FSU
to your machine.  I have to contact the system administrator there and
ask him to allow your machine to request the NNEXRAD feed. Right now
you are not allowed for this feed.