20000201: McIDAS-X build failure on RedHat 5.2 Linux

>From: Xinli Li <address@hidden>

Xinli,

>I try to install McIDAS-x 7.6 following cd
>mcidas7.6/src
>make clobber
>make mcx
>it failed on "make mcx"
>it showed "  Couldn't find Tcl configuration information"

Hmm...  this is the same error that you got when you tried to run tclconfig
by hand.  It usually signifies a problem in the environment settings
used by configure during the Tcl/Tk setup.

>my environment variable settings for CC in .cshrc is
>
>setenv CC /usr/bin/cc

Is this a link to gcc?

>setenv CPPFLAGS "-DNDEBUG -Df2cFortran"
>setenv CFLAGS -o
>setenv FC /home/mcidas/mcidas7.6/src/mcfc
>setenv FFLAGS "-O -Nx400 -w"
>setenv CXX /usr/bin/c++

You can comment out the CXX.

>do you see any problem on above setting?

Only if /usr/bin/cc is not the same as gcc.

So, the next thing I need to see is the contents of the configure log
file in the ~mcidas/mcidas7.6/tcl/unix directory.  This will be present
after the failure, but will be wiped out if a 'make clobber' has been
run.

>Thank you for your help!

Any chance that I could get a login as the user you are trying to build
McIDAS as?

>Xinli Li

Tom