20000131: Can not run tclconfig

>From: Xinli Li <address@hidden>

Xinli,

>I am try to install McIDAS-x 7.6 on my linux (Redhat 5.2),when I
>type ./tclconfig $McINST_ROOT/tcl ../tcl ../tk tclcomp, the program
>crashed and it show " Couldn't find Tcl configuration information".
>Could you please tell me what I need to do to solve this problem.

Since you are using RedHat 5.2, it is likely that you do not have
to do the manual tclconfig step that is covered in the Notes and Warnings
web page.  Users of pre-5.x versions of RH Linux had to perform
the tclconfig step due to some but in the Tcl/Tk configure process.

I suggest that you:

<login as 'mcidas'>
cd mcidas7.6/src
make clobber
make all                     (if you want to build McIDAS-X and XCD)

or

make mcx                     (if you want to build just McIDAS-X)

If you are building McIDAS-X as some user other than 'mcidas' (possible
but not recommended), then login as that user instead of 'mcidas'.

>Best regards,

Please let me know if the Tcl/Tk build fails when doing the above. It
it does, I would venture to guess that you have environment variable
settings for CC that is incorrect.  If this is the case, you need to
correct it and then rerun through the 'cd' through 'make' steps above.

>Xinli Li

Tom Yoksas