19990401: FC environment variable definition on Debian Linux (cont.)

>From: Mark Tucker <address@hidden>

Mark,

This is a follow-up to our eariler email exchanges regarding the setting
of the FC environment variable that is needed by the netCDF component
of McIDAS-X 7.50.

Previously, I said that the information listed on the Notes and Warnings
web page (http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/mcidas/mcx/warnings_mcx.html)
was incorrect:

setenv FC /home/mcidas/mcidas7.5/src/mcfc

>Nuts.  This was my mistake; sorry.  I have corrected it online.

I have revisited this issue in the past two days.  On my RedHat 5.2
Linux machine the 'mcfc' compile script (runs gcc and f2c while looking
like a Fortran compiler) works with no problems.  On your Debian system
it did not work.

I would like to pursue this inconsistency on your system if you don't
mind, so I can update the documentation to note any differences in
Debian (and possibly Slackware) and RedHat versions of Linux.

In order to do the testing that I need/want to do, I would need the
logon as the user 'mcidas' on the exact same machine that you built
on.  Do you think that this is possible?

Tom