19990316: building, testing, and installing McIDAS AND LOVING IT ,

Dear Support:

Tom helped with an old test file which follows:

------------------------- file -------------------
      subroutine main0
      include 'fileparm.inc'
      character*18      selects(5)
      character*8       dataset
      character*72      line
      real              lat,lon,latres,lonres,clatres,clonres
      integer*4         nselect, comment_cards(256)
      integer*4         directory(0:64)
      integer*4         error_flag,status,ncards
      integer           mcadir,mcadrd,mcpnav

c --- Set selection criteria
      selects(1) = 'SS 10 99'
      selects(2) = 'DAY 1999001 1999356'
      selects(3) = 'TIME 000000 235959'
      selects(4) = 'SUBSET ALL'
      selects(5) = 'AUX YES'
      nselect = 5
      dataset = 'AREAS/IR'
      error_flag = 1

      call sdest('Checking McIDAS Satellite header...',0)

c --- Open connection for the dataset

      status = mcadir(dataset, nselect, selects, error_flag)

      if (status .lt. 0) then
         call edest('Problem resolving dataset '//dataset,0)
         call mccodeset(1)
         return
      endif

c.... Read an Image Directory Block

      status = mcadrd(directory,comment_cards)
      if (status .lt. 0) then
         call edest('Problem reading image director for '//dataset,0)
         call mccodeset(1)
         return
      endif

c.... Determine the number of comment cards

      ncards = directory(64)
      status = mcpnav(comment_cards,ncards,lat,lon,latres,lonres,
     &                clatres,clonres)
      if (status .lt. 0) then
         call edest('Problem reading navigation block for '//dataset,0)
         call mccodeset(1)
         return
      endif

      print *,lat,lon,latres,lonres

      write (line,'(f7.2,1x,f7.2,1x,f7.2,1x,f7.2)')lat,lon,latres,lonres
      call sdest(line,0)

      call mccodeset(0)
      return
      end