[LDM #QRO-213012]: LDM isn't starting, and I don't recognize the error

Hi Gerry,

re: notifyme return: Access denied by remote server

> While the hostname does resolve for me at work, you might want to add the
> explicit IP address (or *.ok.cox.net) to the ALLOW. Just thinking aloud.

We do not explicitly add one-off rules to the LDM configuration files
on the real-server backends of our relay clusters.  Instead, we create
a hack that associates a machine's IP address with a name that will
match an existing ALLOW.  This makes it easy for us to enable a site/user
to successfully REQUEST from our relay clusters without having to
reconfigure each real-server backend's LDM configuration file and then
stop/restart its LDM.  The problem with this hack is that it is brittle
in that it relies on the user's IP address being static.

I implemented the hack for the machine that you indicated should be
yours:

ip68-97-59-135.ok.ok.cox.net <-> 68.97.59.135

Please retry 'notifyme' connection to idd.unidata.ucar.edu and let
us know the results of the test.

Ticket ID: QRO-213012
Department: Support LDM