[LDM #QRO-213012]: LDM isn't starting, and I don't recognize the error

Hi Gerry,

re:
> So it was a bad build. I rebuilt from bare earth and everything works now.

Can you tell us what was wrong with the first build?  The most typical
thing that we have seen is when the user does not make sure that
a couple of the LDM utilities (e.g., ldmd, hupsyslog) do not have
setuid root permission.  This step is accomplished during the
'make install' step or by 'root' running 'cd ~ldm/ldm-6.13.11/src;
make root-actions' if the user decided to include the '--disable-root-actions'
flag to 'configure'.

re:
> You can close the ticket with a resolution of "stupid user trick".

I am still interested in your REQUEST to motherlode.unidata.ucar.edu
working - it shouldn't as this machine is NOT designed/intended to
be an LDM relay.

Is this your machine:

ip68-97-59-135.ok.ok.cox.net

If yes, please remove its REQUEST to motherlode.unidata.ucar.edu as
soon as you can (we will be removing the ALLOW that is allowing your
machine to REQUEST later today if you don't act before then).  We can
setup temporary ALLOWs for your machine on idd.unidata.ucar.edu and
iddb.unidata.ucar.edu, so we are not cutting you off without providing
an alternative.

Ticket ID: QRO-213012
Department: Support LDM