[LDM #QCK-282686]: Implementation of redundant connections

Hi Joe,

re:
> Me again.  (Sorry).

:-)

re:
> From the LDM standpoint, if our LDM receives two files the with the
> same name (but different file sizes) from our client's primary node
> and secondary node, will our LDM automatically throw out the duplicate
> from their secondary node?

The LDM will throw away (i.e., not insert into the local LDM queue) the
second and all subsequent products that have the same MD5 signature as
one already in the local LDM queue.  Detection of a product being
a duplicate of one already received has nothing to do with its Product
ID ** unless the upstream site that is creating the product is using
the file name as the Product ID AND to to create the MD5 signature.
If the Product ID of a newly received product is the same as the
Product ID for a product that is already in the local LDM queue,
the LDM will happily insert the new product into the local LDM
queue as long as its MD5 signature is different.

I hope that this makes sense.  If not, please let me know and I will
try to rephrase my response.

re:
> Thanks again,

No worries.