[LDM #VPS-995567]: having trouble with ldm

Hi Frank,

re:
> Thanks for following up.  I think we are in good shape now.

Excellent, I'm glad things are working!

re:
> Like you, I found I needed to do the
>
> /sbin/sysconfig iptables restart

To be clear, that would be (as 'root'):

service iptables restart

re:
> but if I didn't do
>
> /sbin/sysconfig/iptables save

It strikes me that you are adding rules interactively.  We have chosen
to modify the file that contains the rules to use, /etc/sysconfig/iptables,
directly and then restart the 'iptables' service to make the changes
active.

re:
> then the restart just loaded the previous version and my changes were
> lost.  Google helped me out with that one.

:-)

re:
> Enjoy your weekend.

You too!

re:
> By the way, are you, and the wrf folks, located on the main UCAR campus,
> or somewhere else?  I'm going to be out to Boulder for the UCAR annual
> meeting, and might be nice to meet some of the folks with whom I have
> emailed for so many years.

Our (Unidata) offices are in the first floor of FL-4.  FL-4 is on the
southeast corner of Mitchell Lane and 47th Street.

I believe that MMM is the organization supporting WRF, and they are
located in FL-2 which is just down the street from us.

Ticket ID: VPS-995567
Department: Support LDM